Monday, January 23, 2012

Tolabor birth doula training workshop

I spent all this past weekend at an amazing doula workshop. I met some amazing women. I was truly inspired by my instructor. I learned so much. I have had three children myself, I didn't realize there was so much more to learn. And I know I will continue to learn.

I wish I could really articulate the way I felt after the workshop last night. All I can say is, it was magical.

Its started Friday afternoon and thanks to the evil battery in my phone I was an hour late to start. They had not even finished introductions when I walked in, but I was completely stressed out. NOT how I wanted to start out the weekend. But it was okay. I learned to calm instantly. The group of women in the group welcomed me with open arms and were so kind.

Saturday I got to watch more births then I can count (On DVD.) I learned how to do palpation. It was completely awesome feeling the shape of the baby inside another woman's body. I was amazed when I finally felt the perfectly round head of a 38 week fetus through it's mama's belly.

On Sunday we talked a lot about VBACs and interventions and it was just a really intense day.

The one thing I REALLY need to work on is learning to shut up and listen. I like to socialize and often I interrupt people (I don't do it on purpose but I have been told so many times that I do it, I must.) As a doula I need to be invisible at birth and I need to be there to listen. And I intend to.

It was a whirlwind weekend and I missed my babes so. I still have not had a good nights sleep since Wednesday night. I hope to remedy that tonight. I love you and everyone everywhere. xooxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment