Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy 2012

It is a new year! I hope it will be a great one! This month I will attend the ToLabor birth doula training workshop I have been waiting for! I am so excited. I look forward to hard work, learning and most of all BABIES!

The first challenge is going to be finding 6 pre-certification births to attend. It is a kind of a catch-22. I need to attend 6 births to become certified, but most people want you to be already certified before becoming their doula. I mean, your child's birth is one of the most significant events that will happen in one's life. It is wise to be choosy. But I need 6 births so I can be a certified doula and support women through this most important time in their life! *sigh*

So far I have one client, due in the first week of June. So that is definitely a start. I have been spending my free time sending emails to midwives, doulas and birth centers trying to get the word out that I am a doula-in-training and am offering my services for free until certification.

So that is my journey so far. Just the thought of helping other women makes me happy and fulfilled. I look forward to this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment